Drug testing using hair is still the favored method of testing for marijuana by employees or by child protection units. Parents who have temporarily lost custody of their children need to submit to a marijuana test if they try to get their kids back. Prospective employers still use this method to test prospective employees, and it remains a popular method despite the fact that it is an unproven and doubtful technology.
After you have ingested marijuana, it circulates through the blood stream and then can show up in your blood, urine, saliva and hair follicles.
Hair follicle tests are very hard to beat, and most people report that attempting to bleach or dye your hair in order to pass a hair follicle test won’t work. Some people have tried a medical grade detoxifying cleansing shampoo which should be prescribed by a doctor or sourced from a recommended outlet.
Marijuana usually shows up in hair for three months after you have last taken it, sometimes even longer for heavy marijuana users.
Passing a marjuana test – what to do
In order to pass a test for employment or other reasons, some recommend:
- Cutting hair very short and shaving body hair off. A hair cut will enable testers to back 60 days, not 90.
- Go on a detoxifying diet beforehand, making sure to drink plenty of water. Flush the system with a daily regime of herbal supplements that will permanently clean your blood and urine.
- Make a paste out of bicarbonate of soda and lemon juice, massage into scalp and leave it on for the test. Wash it out afterwards
- Some recommend the Macujo method, which was developed by a marijuana user. This method is said to open the hair cuticle in order to clean THC metabolites from the cortex. It comprises of 3 parts – initial cleaning with vinegar, a second cleaning with a detox shampoo, which should be done twice at least and then a final wash with Tide Liquid Laundry Detergent. Using laundry detergent on your hair obviously strips the hair, it is very harsh on hair. However, for those desperate to pass a hair follicle test, this is possibly a way to go.
- Flush the system with a daily regime of herbal supplements.
Current drug testing is not adequate to address the changes with legal adult marijuana use. Many people are taking medical marijuana and more and more states are legalizing marijuana. Research and detection techniques are necessary for individuals who have casual contact with marijuana, such as second hand smoke from cannabis smokers, since they sometimes unfairly fail drug tests.